If you think you have something to offer the team, then the door is always wide open for a chat.
Who are we?
Karno Sound are a young but fast-growing team of experienced audio experts who provide a number of services throughout the audio industry. These services can be broken down into three main areas. Firstly, we are a distributor of high-end audio equipment, including the UK exclusive distributor of Sony professional audio. Secondly, we are a service provider, sharing our team’s assets and expertise in the style of training and consultation. Lastly, our most recent and exciting venture is our newly launched research and development department. This is where you come in.
We are looking for an electrical/hardware engineer to join our research and development department to assist in the launch of our very own high-end audio product line. You will be responsible for conducting R&D activities in either small stand-alone projects, or larger projects alongside a project manager. As we launch and build our R&D department we are looking for someone who is creative, passionate, and driven by good quality audio products. This is an opportunity to get in at the start and be an influential part of the team.
- Assisting in the identification of new projects and technologies, taking projects from the initial idea stage through to production.
- Proposing innovative solutions to technical problems and ideas, drawing on your own expertise, innovating where necessary, and learning the required technical skills through training and self-development.
- Conduct thorough documented testing and investigation of technologies.
- Working within a team, alongside external engineers and software developers.
- Support and train colleagues in relevant departments
- Degree (or equivalent) or valid experience in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or similar relevant science or engineering subject.
- Excellent understanding of analogue electronics.
- Ability to design circuitry and provide accurate schematics.
- Awareness of emerging trends and developments in relevant technology.
- Basic understanding of software programming to be able to advise on hardware and software integration.
- Good written and oral communication skills, able to promote ideas by logical argument, and capable of presenting the results of a project in a clear and effective manner.
- Basic CAD understanding
- An interest and passion for audio equipment is a bonus, research into the industry is expected.
You should be able to do some or all of the below
- Design basic hardware control systems using FPGA or Microcontroller technology.
- Design basic gain stage systems, including systems based on Op-amps and different types of transistors e.g. BJT, JFET.
- Design a simple yet effective power amplifier using a combination of Op-amps and Transistors.
- Further FPGA development
- Based in North London
- Full-time position
- Salary depending on experience
Application deadline: 30/04/2021
Applications should be made by email with covering email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject: ‘Electrical/Hardware Engineering position at Karno Sound’. Applications without a covering email will be automatically rejected. Interest in Pro Audio is preferred and regardless any applications without mentioning audio in the covering email will also be automatically rejected.